Tubes are Go for Launch

I am on cycle #10, day 14. I finally got a high reading on my fertility monitor. So, based on how many high readings I got last cycle before the peak, I imagine I’ll ovulate around Sunday—day 20. We’ll see how good my somewhat educated guess is. Looks like I have some resistance to Clomid—even up to 150mg. Just once, I’d like a day 14 ovulation!!
My hysterosalPINGogram (how the doctor who performed it pronounced it, I was emphasizing the SAL) went well. I laid down on a very hard glass and metal table. A big x-ray machine was perched over the middle of the table. It had actually broken earlier that day, so it was stuck in place over the table. It could go up and down a bit, but that was it. Made for some scrunching around to get under it, but no biggie. So I laid there and chatted with a really nice nurse. She asked me several questions (several times) and got a few of my answers wrong when she repeated the info to the dr, but she patted my leg during the difficult parts of the procedure, so I forgive her. :o)
After a few minutes of lying there, the doctor came in, introduced himself and shook my hand. He explained that he was going to open me up like during a Pap Smear and then insert a spaghetti-sized tube into my cervix. Then he was going to fill me with some dye and take x-rays. Everything went as planned. He found my cervix pretty smoothly. He said I might cramp as he inserted the dye, but I never felt the dye until it was coming back out. I found out later that the ones who hurt as the dye is going in are usually the ones with blockages. I did have a good cramping session in the middle of Costco an hour or so later. I had to sit on the floor for a while… dummy me should have gone straight home to bed. He had said to expect some spotting in the next several days because I might get scratched on my cervix or other delicate areas from the tube. He was right, I bled some immediately and I am still spotting today, 4 days later. I was amazed that after I was allowed off of the table, I didn’t leak any of the dye. It was supposed to be absorbed by my body, but I expected SOME to leak out! While the dye was in me I looked over my shoulder and could see (upside-down) a screen with my uterus and tubes on it. I could tell my uterus was the right shape instantly, but the screen was too far away to get a good look at my tubes. Today, I called my doctor’s office and was told that my HSG results came back fine. Relief!
Darrell did his Semen Analysis as planned. He said he almost put the cup in a Taco Cabana bag so he could joke about bringing tacos. :o) When I asked him if he produced more or less than he expected a man produces, he said less. I told him a funny story from an online book about one man thinking he was going to get his sample back marked “insufficient sample size.” I read online that it should have been 1 to 2 ml. How much is a ml anyway?? The nurse said she didn’t have the report back yet for this. I’ll probably get the results tomorrow. I need to know whether we should be BDing like monkeys or spacing them out.